Shree Gurukula Vidyavardhaka Sangha ( Regd. ) an Aided Higher Primary School, Pre Primary School ( LKG-UKG ) was founded in 1951 By Sri. Krishna Joshi and Sri. Ramachandra Dongre & is situated at Mala village in Karkala Taluk, Dakshina Kannada District, Karnataka.
The school has a very good history of providing quality education from the past 67 years. It’s sole objective is to provide quality education to the rural students & grooming them to become responsible citizens of the country.
It has produced many entrepreneurs, scholars, scientists etc. The school has been awarded as the Best School at taluk level in 1984, & by the Beladi Prathistana in 2003. It has also garnered two state awards, national award for primary teachers, excellent achievement at District level in Prathibha Karanji, winning first place continuously in Udupi Kids monthly talent show. The students of this school have also excelled in state level sports competitions.
Shree Gurukula Vidyavardhaka Sangha ( Regd. ) school boasts of the following facilities.
- 4 Acres of own land at the crest of the serene Western Ghats.
- Spacious Building which can accommodate 250 + students.
- Vast Play Ground.
- Bus Transport.
- Providing Edu Rite Computer Education.
- Providing Mid-Day Meals to children.
The school provides Education from 1st to 7th Standard in Kannada Medium. Pre-Primary education is provided in both Kannada & English mediums. They also provide free text books & uniforms.
Special training is being given to children on extracurricular activities such as Smart class, special English education, Drawing, Yoga, Sanskrit, Yakshagana, Music etc.
Development Projects of the school are as under.
- Play area for kids “ Kandana Vana ”, which is fully functional.
- Additional Building with well equipped classrooms and auditorium of about 5000 sq ft.
- Starting High School in English Medium.
- Creation of sports garden, scheme of medicinal plants forest.
- Science Lab & computer lab
- Other various schemes with the help of old students & volunteer donors.
- Proposing to create a permanent capital fund for maintaining the school.